AKC Trick Dog Titles
From the 1920’s and 1940’s when trick dogs such as Rin Tin Tin and Lassie won peoples’ hearts, trick dog training has become one of the most exciting new areas in dog training today. This is a great way to both have fun interacting with your dog and keeping him stimulated mentally. Trick Dog Training really helps create a great person/dog bond and is a lot of fun for both you and your dog. Show off your accomplishments with the AKC Trick Dog Title awards
Trick Dog Title Information:
- AKC Trick Dog titles are official AKC titles listed on the dog’s title record.
- The processing fee to AKC for each title is $20. Multiple titles for the same dog can be sent in together, each one will be processed in succession after each previous title has been added and printed.
- Dogs must have an AKC, PAL, or AKC Canine Partners number to earn a title.
- All dogs can get a number including purebreds and mixed breeds.
5 Trick Dog Titles
- Novice Trick Dog (TKN)
The dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. (see link to “Application” below for lists of skills). If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title.
- Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI)
The dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks.
- Advanced Trick Dog (TKA)
The dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 10 tricks from the Advanced lilTrick Dog Performer (TKP)
In this title, handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks previously learned.
- Trick Dog Elite Performer (TKE)
Testing of this truly elite trick dog level requires the dog to perform 10 tricks with at least 5 props and there must be a story
Price: $175 for 6 weeks *offered upon request
Prerequisite: Family Dog Manners, CGC Title, or Instructor Evaluation
Why Train With Anything’s PAWSable?
Training is more than sits and downs. Training enhances your relationship with your dog and uses his mind. He becomes more engaged with you, more focused and you both will have more fun. By training with Anything’s PAWSable, you will learn how to have fun training. We want the dog to be having fun also and not feeling any stress or anxiety. It’s a Win-Win!
Copyright ©2021 Anything’s Pawsable
Get in Touch
301 Cardinal Ln, Kalispell, MT 59901